Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Nearing the End of the Marathon

My working marathon will end on Thursday. It's been so busy and nine days straight. Today started at 7:30 am with a few hours break and then working until 8:40 pm. Dave worked straight through without any break. Tons and tons of laundry. It's funny how tired the small business owners in Camden get this time of year. We all have to make hay while the sun shines or shall we say - while the tourists are here. We are so happy when they finally come, but this time of year the Maine winters actually become appealing.

I do have two days off this week. I will be helping my cousin get ready for her big day. I have been helping some already but I'll be helping her decorate tomorrow when I get out of work. Thursday we'll be doing some more of that and then Friday we'll be doing the flowers. I can't believe she's getting married. It's so surreal.

Last night my mom, grandmother, aunt, cousin, other cousin's girlfriend and I went to see Mama Mia. The movie was better than I expected but too soon to see something that involves any emotion. We all left the theater in a big bawlfest.

No comments: