Thursday, August 14, 2008

Like Family - Like Children

Vinny and I would come home every Christmas when we lived in Baltimore together. We also came home for at least a weekend in the summer. Each time we came home we were greeted with a party from our extended family (my mom, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins on my mom's side). Then we would have several get togethers for the holidays and then, inevitably, they would have a going away party for us... mind you, this was all in one week's time. Sometimes we were a little put out by it because it cramped our social calendar while we were up here. As much as it seemed a little annoying at the time, it was a testimony to how deeply we were/ are loved. Like family - like children. We seemed to adopt this tradition ourselves. I remember one time while living in Baltimore I was going to Scottsdale, AZ to work for two weeks; Vinny threw me a going away dinner party. We had another party when I returned, and another party when I had another work trip a few weeks later. We always got together when one of us was going away or just getting back. I really treasure how much we deeply loved each other.

No comments: