Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Thoughts vs God Thoughts

My thoughts: God, I would have done things differently.

God's thoughts: Isaiah 55:8-9 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

My thoughts: I always go to trying to figure things out on my own and making my own way... and then I remember....

God's thoughts: Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all of your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.

My thoughts: I don't feel God's presence.

God's thoughts: Zechariah 2:8 - I am the apple of God's eye.
Heb 13:5b-6 - I will never leave you nor forsake you. So we can boldly say: The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?
Psalm 139:8 If I ascend into heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.

My Thoughts: God, is Your salvation eternal and secure?

God's Thoughts: Ephesians 2:8 For by grace have you been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is a gift of God.
John 10:28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall ANYONE snatch them out of My hand.
Romans 8:38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing (including myself - Rachael's words), shall be able to separate us from the love of God which in Christ Jesus our Lord.
2 Cor 1:22 Who has also sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.
Ephesians 4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

My Thoughts: Is heaven really real?

God's Thoughts: John 14:2 In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

There are more thoughts to come but I don't have time right now...

No comments: