Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Heat

No lack of heat around here.  Too bad we couldn’t bottle it and save it for winter so we wouldn’t have to pay heating bills.  All this warmth has added a grumpy element to the Umstead household.  Henry is just one little sweat ball.  I took him swimming on Monday but he didn’t really like the waves crashing on the beach.  My mom had him for half the day yesterday.  I put him in an air-conditioned room when we got home and he went right to sleep.  Today is even hotter.  The heat index is well over 100.  They let the kids out of school early because of the heat and air quality.  I was on my way to take Henry swimming down in Friendship today, but I took a different way and got a little lost!  Bummer.  Once you drive so far down those peninsulas it is not worth it to drive back up and down again.  Too many miles.  So we came home and I ate too much ice-cream!

No comments: