Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday to Shanie and Sylvia today and Stacey tomorrow.  Hmmm.  All begin with s.

Henry’s EXTREMELY overtired.  We had a full day.  He played with a friend’s 9 year old twins for hours.  During that time he chipped his front tooth.  I didn’t realize until we got home.  When he bumped his face, I thought he only got a bloody lip.  Sad to say that isn’t the case.  It is upsetting to me because he is only 18 months old and his tooth is broken.  Makes me sad.  I AM glad it was his tooth and not his head or eye or something more fragile or more permanent. 

He didn’t take a nap today or yesterday.  By the time we got home it was time for dinner and then I was planning on putting him to bed early.  During dinner he started uncontrollably bawling.  Bad.  Nothing would console him.  I hate times like that.  It’s so disturbing because he’s too young to communicate.  I always wonder if he’s really sick, in severe pain, or what is going on.

He just fell asleep on top of me in bed.  So much for after Henry’s bedtime chores.  They’ll have to wait.  I just remind myself that in a few years he’ll be too big to sleep on mommy.  These times are precious.

No comments: