Saturday, May 1, 2010

Work Day

P5012327

Henry was playing with a bottle from Dave’s truck while we waited for Dave to come out of the store this morning.  We took a ride out to a Euro deli that’s in the middle of no where.

We also accomplished a lot around the house today.  We raked the lawn – our lawn is a disaster due to the foundation issues we had last fall.  I am not sure it’s getting any better soon.  It’s going to take a lot of work from a professional.  We raked what yard we have left.  The good part is a mess as well.  Filled with sticks, rocks and leaves.  Dave began fixing the basement window wells that got ripped out in our drainage issue on the newer side of our house.  The work always seems minor (at least to me) when just glancing at it.  Doing it is another story.

Henry did some work outside today too.  He was taking a few steps by himself on the grass.  I think he felt better about falling on softer ground.

I am reading the NT aloud to Henry.  We just started Hebrews.  I love that book.  I also just finished So Long, Insecurity by Beth Moore.  Great book.  She’s even better live.  I participated in her live simulcast last weekend – over 300,000 women around the country.  Unbelievable.  She is a fantastic teacher and excellent author. 

No comments: