Sunday, May 2, 2010

He is Mine

I am so excited about God.  As I live and breathe (I am borrowing that phrase from Author Beth Moore), I am not the same person.  I am not saying I am not the same person because the hard knocks I have endured have hardened my heart and wised me up, made me cynical, or I am not the naive trusting soul I once was.  I am still human, still fail and the pain can still pierce deeply into my mortal flesh, but, again, as I live and breathe, I am not the same woman I used to be.  BECAUSE - God has shown me with my limited human eye sight, that He (emphasis on He) has taken things that I thought would kill me with pain, choices I made that I thought did me in from ever being used, and rejection that stung deeper than a moray eel – He (emphasis on He) has taken those things and worked them together for good.  Thank You, Jesus.  This is something, no matter how gifted, wise, crafty you are, no human being or happenstance could ever accomplish.  Yet when we choose to hand those things over to God and not let them make us all crusty and hard, He does something infinitely better than we could ever dream.  For that, my dear friends, I am eternally grateful and indebted to my dear Savior – and, yes, He is mine.  Hope He is yours too.

No comments: