Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Dish Casualties

Sickness has swept over the Umstead home and has left no person unscathed.  Dave had a viral sinus infection which led to other illnesses and passed to Henry and now to me.  I think I much prefer taking care of sick than being sick.   AND I’ll stop bragging that I never get sick.  It’s just not true anymore. 

Henry had his first, precious dish casualty.  Henry loves to play in the cupboards.  And I love Henry playing in the cupboards when it equals time to get something done.  The other day he managed to grab the only breakable item I hadn’t noticed.  A beautiful clay, pie plate.  Gone.  I think my mom got it for Dave and me our first Christmas.  I am sure it will be the first of many dish casualties.  Dave broke me in already, so it wasn’t that heart wrenching.  It wasn’t at all actually.  Come to think of it, Maggie really broke US in.  We decided a long time ago having Maggie equaled not having nice things.  No shoes, no furniture, no floors, no clothes, no cars, no lawns.  Pretty much crosses everything off the list.  We love her.  She’s good for us.  So I guess the more dogs and children you have the more your stuff depreciates.  Oh well.  Wouldn’t trade them for anything. 

No comments: