Tuesday, March 9, 2010

5

Five more days.

Today was busy.  Dave figured out he had a flat tire after driving to work yesterday afternoon.  Henry and I drove 45 minutes to pick him up last night after 10.  It actually put me at ease vs. Dave changing a tire on his big truck after dark alone.  I’m sure he could handle it.  Turns out his spare tire is locked and we don’t have the key.  We had his truck towed (our pastor actually did it for us) and Dave is getting new tires since it was time anyway.  It’s funny how you start having a thought and God tests you on it immediately.  Today was a testing day.  I kept thinking freedom in Christ, freedom in Christ. 

On our way to Dave’s work late this morning, I received a phone call from a company with whom I do business.  I pay them to advertise.  They cut me off.  It was a blow because my advertising through them helps my business.  They see me as competition and are cutting ties.  I am trying to give it over to God and know He is the opener of doors and He is the closer of doors.  I am waiting with expectation to see what He does.  Thank God we have Someone to believe in beyond our own powers and own strength.  Life would be way to exhausting and devastating otherwise.  Plus, what does the little we can do amount to anyway?  He is omnipotent.  Do we really believe?

Henry is having a good birthday week.  Although, I could be a little more attentive and less distracted.  I had so many phone calls this evening, the poor little thing was neglected.  We’ll have to have a special mommy and Henry time tomorrow.

Two of the calls were about sick friends.  One is doing better.  One is not.  She may not make it through the night.  I love her and am praying.  My mom called very upset because she loves her too and it’s her 70th birthday.  She was perfectly well last week.  I told my mom if she doesn’t make it, we will be sad but she will not.  She will be walking into the arms of Jesus.  We are still praying that we will see her smiling face and naughty ways again here on earth.

P2270999[3]

No comments: