Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Painter You Met in the Park



I'm not sure what day it was now. They all seem to blend together - even though it was just last week. I set out to do some work for my new business. Take pictures, network, get new ideas, etc. Well, I'm not perfect, but my heart is definitely that I want my steps to be directed by God. That is my prayer. I really kept praying for that on that day. I always want to see God's hand in my life. I always want Him to do something in a way that I know it was only He Who could have done it. My ways are definitely not His ways. But His ways blow me away. I kept saying to God, please, please God help me. I took some pictures of a park. I had a nice conversation with a woman in a second hand shop. I went to the next park. I took a picture of an artist. I started asking him questions and I got the feeling I was bugging him, so I left my card. I walked away glad I got a cool picture but wondering if I handled the situation correctly. Was it lame to leave my card? Are cards just a waste of money? Do people really ever call you from a card? Everything I've been taught said no. These are the thoughts that were literally running through my head. Then I started walking down a very over grown path. My thoughts - "Seriously, Rachael, what are you doing?" Then my prayers to God switched to please don't let me see a snake. When I reached the old abandoned canals in the National Historic Site, my faith was renewed. This is what is so cool about Maine. All these hidden things. I just fell in love with Maine and my idea all over again. Then onto some business. This person wasn't there and THAT person held me hostage to his political views for a LONG time. I left worried about the time I had spent away from my son. There they went again. What am I doing? Why am I away from my son listening to a lunatic? God, did You hear my prayers? I guess You didn't. I got home a few hours later. Some progress. Not much. Keep pushing on. Later that night I got a surprise email from "the painter you met in the park". Huh? Pyscho? I didn't think so but the thought crossed my mind. I read the email and the viewed pictures of his art attached. Wow. This was the answer to my prayer. The story gets better, but you'll have to read about it on my new website when it launches. "The Painter You Met in the Park" (and his wife) was/is a gift from God to me. A little or, maybe, a big, Rachael, I heard your prayer. I'm for you and I love you (God speaking to me). Thank You God.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

After going through this artical i have decided to bookmark this site found this really interesting & thanks a lot for keeping the blog Lively with such interesting blogs.
___________________
dyana
Online Marketing of your brand