Saturday, August 1, 2009

Darkness in the Christian Walk

I know this seems dark, but darkness is a part of a Christian's walk. I have been meditating on so many things lately. This ministers to me just like David's Psalms.

Author Unknown:

Lord, take away this pain.
My heart is like an open wound.
A cloud of darkness encompasses me.
I have so much to be grateful for,
yet, the heaviness cannot be lifted.
I live for the moments my heart forgets its despair.
My energy is spent recreating them.
Joy cannot penetrate my deep grief.
My mind tries my old tricks,
but it is still there.
Guilt is my companion.
I cannot let go.
I come boldly before Your throne and beg for release.
I want to see Your hand.
You have torn me,
Now please heal me, oh Lord.


I have been thinking:
Does the Lord put you in a pit? Are your eyes on the pit? Are you digging holes of escape and burying yourself in the disappointment of wasted energy? Guilt? Pain? Are you putting up pictures in the pit to decorate and pretend but spend more time and effort keeping them clean so the reality of where you are doesn't come back to slap you? Are you looking around for a human hand to rescue you and you sink deeper in your torment when no one can touch you? Look up, Jesus is there. His arms are open wide to hold you. I know. He's holding me.

1 comment:

sarah said...

beautiful. thank you