Thursday, July 1, 2010

Blessings

P7010001

I found this on my camera this morning.  Dave must have seen these turkeys when he was leaving for work this morning.

P7010002

P7010004

P7010015

Henry pointing out birds this evening.  Just after we met our new friends.

P7010016

See the photo below – there’s a story that comes along with it.

P7010014

I was trying to get a good shot of the lighthouse nearing sunset this evening.  But there were people.  People.  The story begins with this sudden urge to go some place around 7:30 this evening.  I rarely go out at this time.  Especially with a child recovering from pneumonia.  I just really felt I should.  I prayed and felt like I we should go down to the Breakwater on the Rockland Harbor.  I don’t do this often but the last time I got this urge I saw many, many seals sunning themselves on rocks.  A sight I had never seen before at this place.  I really felt it was God’s little gift to me.  Well, I got really excited tonight thinking we might see seals and I could show Henry.  My mom always says fresh air never killed anyone.  We got out of the car, got the camera ready, and hoofed it down to the breakwater.  The sun was so pretty on the rocks and I was just waiting because I just knew God was going to do something cool, something personal for us.  I started taking photos like this one above and singing to Henry. 

P7010012 After taking a few photos with people blocking the lighthouse, we started walking forward.  I heard these people speaking Russian.  I love Eastern Europeans and Dave and I have had a handful work for us over the years.  I have also been to Eastern Europe for Christian missions.  I would love to go back.  Soon.  Well, I told God I would say hi to these foreigners and if He opened the door, I would talk to them about Him.  I said hi and they said hi back and came right over to me and Henry.  Then a seal popped up and I tried to point it out to them.  They are from Moldova and I told them we used to have Moldovans work for us.  They asked for a job since they are only working 40 hours a week.  This is so common.  They love to work.  Most of them.  Well, I told them I had been to Ukraine and why.  Then the two young men told me they had been to the church down the street.  I asked if they were Baptist (that’s what the church is down the street) and they said yes.  One of them is going to Seminary!  I told him I went to Bible College (non denominational).  Then they asked me where they could go to church.  Totally amazing.  I know I was meant to meet them.  The dark haired man’s father is a pastor and his sister in-law was a missionary to North Carolina.  It’s amazing to have fellowship with believers from across the world in your own little town.  They are excited to meet my friends who are missionaries to Eastern Europe and speak Russian AND just happen to be coming up in a week.  Wow!  They walked with me to my car to get my number and we will be picking them up for church on Wednesday nights if they are not working.  They work on Sunday mornings.  Amazing. 

I really wanted to take their picture when we said goodbye but I didn’t want them to know what a raging weirdo I really am (Dave always laughs at me because I love interviewing people – especially those from other cultures).  When I was driving back to my house I wondered if they were the people who messed up my lighthouse photo.  They were.  I have a photo and didn’t even have to ask.  Two Moldovan men and one Moldovan woman who looks like she’s 12 (she said it herself).   The guy in the black shirt is an American just fishing.

No comments: