Wednesday, April 14, 2010

13 Months

Appreciating the Mommy Things

  • Snuggling with Henry even if it means a 13 month old clinging to my head early in the morning
  • Juggling groceries, cuddling a fussy boy and a full grocery cart
  • Grinding cheerios into the floor in front of an in home appointment
  • Being desperate enough for a toddler distraction to open my not so organized cabinets in front of clients
  • holding a child while trying to use the facilities
  • Not turning back once I’ve made it to the car even if it means “holding it for hours” because turning back adds hours
  • Eating animal crackers or raisins with my boy in the car instead of a lunch date
  • Learning how to con people into helping me get my coffee to go, so I don’t spill or burn
  • Pulling a full grocery cart vs. pushing – it’s almost impossible to push and lug a child
  • Privacy is a thing of the past and I wouldn’t trade it for anything
  • Hugs
  • Laughs
  • Love
  • Henry

No comments: