Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Long Days, Longer Nights

Poor little guy came down with a terrible cough before the sun came up yesterday.  He seemed to rally a few times and then took a turn for the worse in the very wee hours of this morning.  We didn’t get consistent sleep until dawn, and that was only for a couple of hours.  Oh the war stories of parents battling sickness in their precious babes.  I vacillated between just going to the doctor or not being one of those over reacting first time moms.  Well, I am a first time mom, but I finally sensed I wasn’t over reacting UNTIL.  Until we made it through the doctors’ office doors and Henry acted as if we were at his first birthday party a few weeks early.  I tried to hide my mild embarrassment (of my decision) as we made our way to the exam room.  Everyone told me kids are always sick until you get them there.  The exam started and, unfortunately,  Henry was/is sicker than I had thought.  He had a fever of 102.  He has an ear infection and very bad chest cough.  We immediately drove to get the medication and then settled into the end of a long day after an endless night.  Never forgetting to be grateful that I can be with him while he is sick and for so many other things.  Pray for my little boy and his mom who holds back tears watching him suffer.

No comments: