Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Shameful Confession

Have you every forgotten what day of the week it is or even that we were in a new month?  I think that’s pretty easy to do – almost a daily occurrence for me.  It happened quite frequently when we owned the cleaners because we worked 7 days a week for practically 4.5 years.  No big deal, right?  Well, I remember the last time I went to the doctor while living in Maryland.  I walked outside and thought, “man, it’s really hot”.  Then I remembered it was summer in Maryland.  I honestly forgot what time of year it was.  I’m not too proud but maybe a little embarrassed to admit that I can become so absorbed in what I am doing that all those types of things fade into the abyss of my subconscious or unconscious mind.  I have to tell you, a few days before the beginning of January in Maine -  you might be able to forget the season for 1.5 seconds.  The generous 1.5 degree of warmth above zero is quick to remind – even if you are inside.    Cold snaps are good for snapping Rachael back into reality.

No comments: