Saturday, November 22, 2008

Two More Souls with Jesus

My two phone calls this morning were bittersweet. Two more souls under the age of twenty breathed their last breath and went home to be with Jesus. Two more families are beginning their journey of grief. Thank God that He is the Great Comforter.

My first call was from my aunt Molly. A girl she has transported for years died this morning at 5 am. Randy was severely burned to the pointed of deformity when she was an infant. Molly really believed God put Randy into her life for a reason and really loved Randy with all of her heart. Randy was so deformend she only had one patch of normal skin on her back side, her arms were not complete and she didn't really have any hair. Her beauty ran deep and as well as her brattiness. Dave and I first met her in Baltimore when Molly took her to see D.C. She loved Dave instantly and told me he was HER boyfriend and wouldn't leave his side. Once in a great while I filled in for Molly driving her original crew home (now she has tons of kids). One day Randy said a naughty word and I told her not to say it again. She said, "Say what?" I told her she knew what she said. She kept trying to get me to say the word. When I wouldn't, she said, "Oh, you mean ----." She had such a great personality and great sense of humor. I am so thankful to God that she got to live the life with so much light. She was a bright light to all who knew her. Pray for her little sister and her mom as they have a big void now. I pray they will allow the the love of God to surround them.

My second call was from my friend B.J. who said she guessed I had heard the news from Baltimore. Of course that statement put me on edge. One of my Bible College Teachers who is also a friend and has been a true role model of the faith (he is now the President of MBC&S) lost his amazing, godly daughter to an automobile accident. She is a teenager, the youngest of four children. Cristina has an incredible family, extended family and church family. I am sure her life has touched many and many are mourning her death all over the world. I pray that God would comfort the broken hearts of her parents, siblings, family and friends.

No comments: